Video Game Designers Up Their Games With New Offerings
Visit CBS Detroit's
By Edward Cardenas
SOUTHFIELD (CBSDetroit.com) – PGA Golf with a battleship hazard, a re-issue of the Halo games and the release of PlayStation TV were among the new products announced this week at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles.
The announcements came during two days of press conferences at the expo, which was heavy with game introductions including the new PGA Tour 2015 from EA Sports. Load times for this game were eliminated in the new game through the use of the Frostbite 3 platform – which increases game playing time – but also allowed for the integration of unique courses.
One of the unique features includes a battleship as a hazard.
“The reaction has been fantastic,” said Brent Nielsen, executive producer for PGA Golf 2015, of the response to the game at E3. “Core golf fans, casual golf fans, they really like to explore and play these fantasy courses.”
Other announcements from the expo include:
– The entire Master Chief saga will be available on one disc later this year and will feature items including remastered graphics in anticipation of the release of Halo 5 in 2015.
– A new racing game, Forza Horizon 2, with new cars and locations.
– Assassin’s Creed: Unity which is set during the French Revolution
– Sony Playstation TV, which is expected to be released later this year, which can stream PS4 games and allow Playstation Now games.
– Nintendo is introducing amiibo, which is similar to the Skylanders, for Super Smash Bros. on the Wii U and will be added to other games.
– Disney will be releasing Infinity 2 with additional characters.