ANN ARBOR (WWJ) – Operations inside the University of Michigan Cancer Center are back to normal after a hazardous materials incident Tuesday afternoon inside a research area.

U-M Public Safety Spokeswoman Diane Brown explained what happened:

“It was determined that a solvent, that is often used in our research environment, had been put into an autoclave machine, which does sterilization and it created a tremendous odor,” said Brown.

The solvent, a cleaner, was contained — so there was never any exposure — but as a precaution the building was evacuated of non-essential personnel.

Four researchers did seek medical evaluation as precaution and were quickly released.

READ RELATED

 

 

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE