LINCOLN PARK (WWJ) – Lincoln Park police say the second suspect wanted in the abduction and rape of a woman has turned himself in — less than 24 hours after the first suspect surrendered.
Lincoln Park police said Tuesday they were actively looking for 19-year-old Fernando Anderson IV — allegedly one of two young men who carjacked a Detroit woman in a Walgreens parking lot last week.
At around 9 p.m. on Wednesday, March 30, police say Anderson and his accomplice pulled a gun on their victim as she was parked outside the pharmacy at Fort St. and Southfield Road in Lincoln Park.
They kidnapped her, police said, and then drove around in her vehicle “periodically taking turns raping” her.
The suspects were caught on security camera, police said, when they stopped by buy cigarettes at a gas station.
The woman’s ordeal ended when one of the suspects had to go home because he was wearing a tether.
The Wayne County prosecutors office will be reviewing the case.