97.1 The Ticket’s New Morning Show: Jamie And Stoney

97.1 The Ticket is announcing live on-air at 5 p.m. today that Jamie Samuelsen will move to the morning show. He will join Mike Stone and Sara Fouracre to form “The Jamie and Stoney Show” beginning Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2016.

Tune in or watch the announcement LIVE here with Samuelsen on the Valenti and Foster show.

The morning show will be heard 6 – 10 a.m. on air and online at cbsdetroit.com and 971theticket.com, and through the Radio.com mobile app.

Samuelsen formerly co-hosted the evening weekday show on 97.1 The Ticket with Bob Wojnowski. “Wojo” will remain in the evening weekday time slot, airing from 6 – 8 p.m.

“I am thrilled Jamie Samuelsen is joining the morning show on The Ticket,” said Debbie Kenyon, Senior Vice President/Market Manager, CBS RADIO Detroit. “Jamie and Mike Stone are old friends who worked together prior to joining The Ticket team. Jamie will bring a new and fresh sound to mornings, and I look forward to watching the evolution of the show as Jamie, Mike and Sara work together and take the show to new heights.”

Program Director Jimmy Powers added, “Jamie and Stoney will make a great morning team. They both have an enormous amount of sports knowledge and opinions, and will give a unique perspective on what is happening with your favorite teams.”

Samuelsen’s radio career in Detroit dates back to 1994. He has been a part of The Ticket since 2012.

Comments

1. David Rosenkranz says:

It’s like Wojo’s two ex’s are now dating each other!

2. Matt Gillespie says:

Exciting that Stoney is getting a new partner but it’s sad that Bill is getting the boot. He just moved into a new house and had TWINS! I hope he got a good exit package and finds a new gig. Enjoyed the Stoney and Bill Show but “times they are a changing”! Good luck everyone and look forward to tuning in next week.

3. We will all miss Bill’s daily stories about growing up in Warren. Check that, hourly stories.

4. wow, TERRRIBLE MOVE!!!! Jamie is fine, but does the Ticket realize how many people have stopped listening because the HATE STONEY???? Guess I’m being forced to listen to AM now

5. deepee58 says:

Good to see Stoney and Jamie back together again.

6. Joseph DiDonato says:

Bill was terrible, so glad to see him go. Karsch & Anderson are the absolute worst though, they are truly unlistenable… What can be done to get them off the air?

7. Mack says:

Glad to see Bill leave. No feelings personally, just too much of a know it all. His musical
    opinions were too much for a lot of us to handle. Stoney and Sara are cool and Jamie is one of
    my favorites Interested too see how their chemistry is nowadays.
    Good luck Bill but I am glad that I can now stop cussing when he talks.

8. A from C says:

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying Bill, Sara and Stoney for a year (I started listening to 97.1 after 96.3 demolished their morning program). Too bad the powers that be can’t leave well enough alone. I hope I don’t have to find a new radio home again…

9. Rober Whitney says:

I think this is a good move. I never really liked Bill he thought he knew it all.

10. No ill will to Bill, but this is a good move. Bill “knew too much” even if he had no experience! Too opinionated, and no tolerance for people that didn’t agree with him! Love Jamie – I will listen again!

11. Paula says:

I miss Sarah’s interaction!! Where is she??

12. Ruth Shepherd says:

Like both Stoney and Jamie. Think they are top-notch. But Bill, even if he acted like he knew it all, did know it all. I was always surprised at his knowledge. I wish him good luck!

13. Is it just me, or has Jamie taken over? He does most of the talking and when Stoney talks, Jamie interrupts. Sarah is pretty much nonexistent. I’m not really liking this turn of events. Jamie is fine, I like the guy, but it’s not just his show, and you couldn’t tell by listening.