Murder Charge Dropped Against Flint Man Featured On ‘America’s Most Wanted’

FLINT (AP) — A Flint-area prosecutor has dropped a murder case against a man who once was featured on “America’s Most Wanted.”

Prosecutor David Leyton says James Edelen III is in the clear after DNA tests on a gun and bullet casings found at the shooting scene. He says Edelen also passed a lie-detector test. The case was dropped Thursday.

Edelen had been charged in the 2009 death of Markus Arnold, co-owner of a Flint bar. He was captured last December in Nevada.

Leyton tells The Flint Journal that his job is to “find justice.” He says the evidence doesn’t point to Edelen.

 

© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Fall Festivals In Metro DetroitFrom music to art to special events, there's a little something for everyone's delight.
Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.

Watch & Listen