ROTHBURY, Mich. (WWJ/AP) – Authorities say a Southfield man had ingested large amounts of controlled substances before he drowned at a summer music festival in western Michigan.
The body of 29-year-old Matthew Quang Vo was discovered floating in Lucky Lake on June 20 after he had been reported missing by friends from the four-day Lakes of Fire festival at Lucky Lake Campground near Rothbury in Oceana County, northwest of Grand Rapids.
Sheriff’s Lt. Craig Mast said an autopsy determined the cause of death was accidental drowning and multiple substances he had ingested were contributors, according to a report by The Muskegon Chronicle.
Mast said that among those substances were cocaine, alcohol, marijuana and the horse tranquilizer ketamine.
According to an obituary — Vo, who went by “Matt” — graduated from Clarkston High School and Baker College and worked as a software developer.
TM and © Copyright 2016 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2016 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.