DEARBORN HEIGHTS (WWJ) – Police say she was forced to watch her children be murdered in Dearborn Heights by her husband and now, Faith Green will speak about the tragedy for the first time.

Green, who was shot and slashed during the attack, will address the public Wednesday as a visitation is held in Detroit for her four children. She’s expected to talk about the outpouring of support since last week’s tragedy.

Visitation is at O.H. Pye Funeral Home in Detroit, Wednesday and Thursday from 3 to 8 p.m. for Green’s children: 19-year-old Chadney Allen, 17-year-old Kara Allen, 5-year-old Koi Green, and 4-year-old Kaleigh Green. A funeral is set for Friday at 10 a.m. at Detroit First Church of the Nazarene in Farmington Hills.

Green’s husband, 49-year old Gregory Green, is charged with killing the children and torturing her.

According to the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office, it’s alleged that Gregory Green called 911 around 1:15 a.m. on Wednesday and admitted to killing his family. When police arrived at the home in the 4400 block of Hipp, near Pelham and Annapolis roads, Gregory Green was waiting on the porch and was immediately placed under arrest.

Gregory Green (credit: Laura Bonnell/WWJ Newsradio 950)

Gregory Green (credit: Laura Bonnell/WWJ Newsradio 950)

After the arrest, police went into the home and discovered Faith Green in the basement, bound with duct tape and zip ties. It is alleged that Gregory Green bound his wife, cut her face with a box cutter and shot her foot. Prosecutors say he then shot his teenage stepchildren in front of his wife, multiple times, execution style. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.

Upstairs, police discovered the bodies of Gregory Green’s biological children tucked into their beds. It is alleged that he poisoned the two younger children with carbon monoxide — duct tape was observed on the muffler of a car in the garage and a plastic tube was attached to the car — and then moved their bodies back inside the home. The children were taken to a local hospital and pronounced dead.

Faith Green was rushed to the hospital after the attack and has since been recovering at home.

Police Capt. Michael Petri said the attack “seems to have stemmed from a domestic violence related incident.” Police had never been called to the home in the past, Petri added.

According to the Michigan Department of Corrections, Green served 16 years in prison for second-degree murder after pleading no contest in 1991 to killing his pregnant wife. He was released from prison in 2008 on his fifth request for parole.

The Greens married in 2010, according to the Associated Press. Faith Green recently filed for divorce in August, citing a “breakdown in the marriage relationship.” She also filed for divorce in 2013 but the case was dismissed for lack of action. A personal protection order that same year was rejected by a judge, the AP reported.

Gregory Green remains jailed without bond. He’s due back in court for a probable cause hearing on October 5, and a preliminary exam on Oct. 12.

Comments (3)
  1. ciara says:

    he sould and there for life

  2. tamara hunter says:

    Like I’ve said a million times, those women aren’t picky about who they get with and have children with….

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE