Woods To Withdraw From Safeway Open In California

DOUG FERGUSON, AP Gold Writer

The comeback of Tiger Woods is going to have to wait at least two more months.

Three days before he was to return at the Safeway Open, Woods said he wasn’t ready to return against PGA Tour competition.

He first said on Sept. 7 that he planned to play, then officially committed to the tournament on Friday.

Woods, who had back surgery three times last year, says he feels strong and his health is good. But he says that after several days of practice in California, he feels his game is vulnerable.

Along with pulling out of the Safeway Open, Woods said Monday he was withdrawing from the Turkish Airlines Open next month.

He plans to play at his Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas the first week of December.

Woods was to play the Safeway Open with Phil Mickelson and defending champion Emiliano Grillo.

(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Places To See Indie Rock In DetroitIt's called Detroit Rock City for a reason.
Guide: Best Barbecue In Metro DetroitSometimes, nothing hits the spot like good barbecue.

Watch & Listen LIVE