ANN ARBOR (WWJ) – A fire Monday at one of Ann Arbor’s oldest buildings — currently home to a busy resale store.

There were no injuries reported from the fire that broke out early morning at the St. Vincent de Paul thrift store.

The building, one of the city’s oldest commercial structures, the Anson Brown Building at Broadway and Swift dates back to 1832.

Reports state that there were tenants in two upstairs apartments being evacuated.

No word on the extent of damage.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Cooking Classes In DetroitLearn how to whip up some wonderful dishes while having fun!
5 Bucket List Items To Cross Off In DetroitThe “must-do” items for anyone making a trip to Detroit.

Watch & Listen LIVE