Detroit Woman Accidentally Sets Herself On Fire

DETROIT (WWJ) – A 64-year-old woman is hospitalized with second degree burns after she accidentally lit herself on fire.

According to authorities, it happened Friday at a home on Archdale St., near Grand River Ave., on Detroit’s west side. Deputy Fire Commissioner Dave Fornell said the woman was trying to make coffee on the stove when she got a little bit too close and her nightgown caught fire.

The woman suffered burns to her arm and back, Fornell, and was last listed in stable condition at Detroit Receiving Hospital.

Her name was not released. No one else was injured.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Places To See Indie Rock In DetroitIt's called Detroit Rock City for a reason.
Guide: Best Barbecue In Metro DetroitSometimes, nothing hits the spot like good barbecue.
Best Ice Cream Shops In Metro DetroitIt's getting warm outside! Take advantage of it.

Watch & Listen LIVE