Are you a top mortgage underwriter ready for a change?
Welcome! Michigan Mutual/First Preferred Mortgage has experienced significant growth and is looking to hire experienced mortgage underwriters who frankly want a better place to work and career opportunity. Michigan Mutual offers an aggressive compensation package and a positive culture where they value your family life, personal growth and fun! If you are ready for a change— a change for the better, they would like you to learn more about their company and the opportunities they have. Contact Michigan Mutual confidentially to protect your privacy by either calling them directly or clicking on the link below to send an email!
Contact a recruiter now. Call 248-286-9215
Email now here. Applicant should indicate on their cover letter: MMICBS912
Mortgage Underwriter Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provide support to internal staff, sales associates, and brokers to assist with loan scenarios and questions.
• Analyze documentation such as credit, income, assets, and appraisal and make sound underwriting decisions based on this analysis.
• Review application and all pertinent disclosures to ensure compliance with all federal, state and investor requirements.
• Utilize tools such as Mortgage Builder, DocVelocity, Lexis/Nexis, Real Quest, and other various on-line tools to combat fraudulent activity and ensure quality loan decisions.
• Review documentation within our paperless system and ensure documents are properly classified and organized.
• Make quality underwriting decisions while maintaining company turn-time expectations.
• Review and clear conditions on all loans to ensure a complete loan package prior to closing.
• Three (3) plus years of mortgage underwriting experience
• Analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Requires a minimum 3 years’ experience underwriting one or more of the following: FNMA, FHA, and/or VA loans
• DE designation