Latest Autos News
- Feds Threaten To Act Against Air Bag Maker Takata A dispute between U.S. safety regulators and air bag maker Takata Corp. escalated Wednesday.
- US Closes Ford Steering Probe Without Recall U.S. safety regulators have closed an investigation into steering problems in more than 500,000 Ford full-size cars without seeking a recall.
- Mazda Recalls 100K Cars To Fix Tire Pressure Monitors Mazda is recalling nearly 100,000 midsize cars in the U.S. to fix a problem with the tire pressure monitoring system.
- Lexus Chief Sees Luxury Growth--Targeting Younger Buyers Lexus feels it can keep baby boomers, but also attract more younger buyers, with edgier ads and newer styling.
- Ford's New F-150 To Get 26 Mpg, Tops Among Pickups Ford said Friday that its new aluminum-bodied F-150 pickup will get up to 26 mpg on the highway, making it the most fuel efficient gas-powered full-size pickup.
- Arizona Sues General Motors Over Delayed Recalls The lawsuit seeks potentially billions of dollars in fines.
- Senators Get No Clear Answers On Air Bag Safety There were apologies and long-winded explanations, but after nearly four hours of testimony about exploding Takata air bags, senators never got a clear answer to the question most people have...
- Minivans Do Poorly In New Crash Tests The Honda Odyssey was the only minivan to earn the highest safety rating in new crash tests by the insurance industry.
- Showdown Looms Between U.S. Government, Air Bag Maker Takata Corp. insists that current recalls covering 8 million U.S. cars in high-humidity areas are sufficient. But the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration wants millions more added to the recalls.
- Safety Agency Pushes For National Air Bag Recall The federal government is demanding that the auto industry recall millions of additional cars equipped with faulty air bags that can injure -- and even kill -- a driver.
- Michigan Matters: An Auto Accident Free Future? The auto industry is making such tremendous inroads into driverless cars and safety that an accident free future is not out of the question within 10 years.
- Senate Committee To Hold Takata Air Bag Hearing Add a U.S. Senate committee hearing to the growing list of troubles facing Japanese air bag maker Takata Corp.