CBS 62 Jobs
If you’re looking for a career that will motivate, challenge and excite you – look no further. CBS 62 offers you the potential to grow in a creative, fun and fast-paced work environment.
Work for a company with a long history of success and be a part of an award winning team. The CBS 62 staff is comprised of dedicated and enthusiastic people who each possess unique talents and abilities. The Emmys, The Telly Awards, The Associated Press News Awards, The Michigan Association of Broadcasting Awards are just a few of the many awards achieved by employees at CBS 62.
CBS 62 provides careers in business, commercial production, design, engineering, office services, programming, promotions, public affairs, sales and traffic.
We take note of hard work and promote from within. There are also plenty of opportunities for relocation at one of our many stations across the country.
CBS Corporation places a high value on providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We work hard to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination and we strive to make our workforce reflect the rich diversity of our society. CBS Corporation recruits and hires without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
We offer great benefit packages for our full time employees.
Medical, Dental and Vision
401k with company match
Paid vacation and holidays
CBS 62, welcomes your cooperation in its recruitment efforts. If you know of individuals who might be interested and qualified for this position, please refer them to us as indicated in the description.
Please do not mail, email, or fax resumes to our offices. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview.
SUMMARY: We are looking for technicians with a background in IT and television broadcast maintenance and support. This is a full time staff position. Weekly schedule could involve both operations and technical support shifts.
- High level of experience with Apple OS X, Microsoft Windows (desktop/server); Linux/Unix a plus
- Maintain, install, upgrade and configure broadcast television equipment
- Maintain, install, upgrade and configure servers, workstations, laptops and network infrastructure
- Desire and ability to learn and implement new hardware and software technology
- Work closely with all departments to help satisfy IT and MIS needs
- Efficient and effective troubleshooting skills in a high pressure environment
- PC support, networking, and IT skills required, including client-server systems, printers, productivity software, broadcast newsroom and web technologies INEWS knowledge a plus
- College Degree preferred
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a broadcast production environment preferred
- Applicant must meet physical requirements, as the position may involve heavy lifting and climbing.
- Knowledge of linear and non-linear editing workflows and platforms a plus,
- Understand SDI and transport stream signal flow in a broadcast environment
- Ability to read schematics and engineering drawings preferred
- Self-motivated and willing to work various hours, including occasional overnights and weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualified candidates please apply through the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System.
Thanks for visiting CBSDetroit.com!
CBS 62 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the continuing policy of CBS 62 to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.