HAMLIN PUB $500 GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the Hamlin Pub $500 Giveaway (the “Promotion”) being conducted by WXYT (the “Station”) beginning on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at approximately 11:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on Thursday, February 24, 2011 at approximately 9:00pm ET (“Entry Dates”).
- Eligible entrants may participate in the Promotion by visiting any participating Hamlin Pub location (“Participating Location(s)”)(listed in Addendum A) during the business hours of Monday – Friday 11:00am ET to 2:00am ET, Saturday 11:00am ET to 2:00am ET and Sunday 9:00am ET to 2:00am ET during the Entry Dates. During the Entry Dates, eligible entrants may visit any Participating Location and receive a Hamlin Pub receipt. A receipt may be obtained by purchasing any item or requesting a “dummy” receipt, which does not require a purchase.
- On February 24, 2011, from 7:00pm ET– 9:00pm ET, the Station will conduct an appearance at the Hamlin Pub located at 55076 Van Dyke Avenue, Shelby Township, MI 48316. During the Station appearance, eligible entrants may deposit their valid Hamlin Pub receipts into the 97.1 The Ticket official entry box. All receipts must have the entrant’s name and phone number written on the back of it. All entries must be received by 8:30am ET on February 24, 2011. The Station is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries. Only one entry per person. Entries will only be accepted during the Station appearance on February 24, 2011.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the state of Michigan who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Hamlin Pub (the “Sponsor”), the Station, its licensee, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, their advertising and promotional agencies, participating sponsors, and employees of other radio stations in the Detroit metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Winners must meet all eligibility requirements to receive any prize package. You can only win a prize valued at $50 or more or event tickets valued at $100 or more (per ticket) from a CBS Radio station (WXYT, WWJ, WOMC, WYCD) once every 30 days but remain eligible to win prizes of $600 or greater, which can be won only once every six months.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
- Four (4) prizes will be awarded. Each prize is five-hundred dollars ($500). Prizes will be distributed by check payable to the prize winners within four to six weeks after all required documentation is complete. Prizes will not be awarded, processed, or mailed until the winner has claimed the prize at the Station, presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Station at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within seven (7) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes or cash of comparable value. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Four (4) winners will be selected at 8:45am ET on February 24, 2011 in a random drawing of all eligible entries received. The four (4) winner’s names will be announced on-site at the Station appearance immediately following the random drawing. Winners will need to come forward within one (1) minute of their name being announced to claim their prize.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winners do not need to listen to the Station to win, but winners must be present to win.
e. Winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within seven (7) days of being contacted by Station or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing of the remaining valid entries. If a potential Prize winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, the Station, its licensee, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promotion that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station will select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsors or Station, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Sponsor and the Station are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by February 24, 2011 to “Hamlin Pub $500 Giveaway Promotion – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, 31555 W. 14 Mile Road, Ste. 102, Farmington Hills, MI 48334. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt to the above address marked “Hamlin Pub $500 Giveaway Promotion – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at 971theticket.com.
Sponsor: Hamlin Pub, 55076 Van Dyke, Shelby Township, MI