K) Bob Wojnowski
Bob “Wojo” Wojnowski has covered sports in Detroit since before the Internet was invented (but long after the telegraph was invented).
Wojo has written for the Detroit News since 1989, and has covered pretty much every major sporting event in the U.S. — seven Olympics, numerous Super Bowls and Final Fours, the World Series, four Red Wings Stanley Cup championships, three Pistons championships and a healthy dose of bowl games.
For 14 years, Wojo was the chubbier half of the “Stoney and Wojo” afternoon radio show on WDFN. He also can be seen on Fox 2 Sundays before Lions game, Sunday nights at the roundtable, and in frequent “accidental” walk-bys behind unsuspecting anchors.
Wojo lives in Farmington Hills, about a mile from a Tim Horton’s. He tries to inform, enlighten and entertain, not necessarily in that order. He considers humor essential to healthy living, along with buffalo wings.
He has lived in Michigan most of his life, except for the first four years (born in Buffalo, N.Y.) and six years in Florida as an aspiring journalist.
Yes, he leaves his Christmas tree up year-round. Don’t ask.
Some will call it sacreligious to suggest, but I’m gonna do it anyway.
I call it the Smoltz Syndrome. Any time the Tigers trade a top pitching prospect for immediate help, the gnawing fear returns for some.
By: Bob Wojnowski Unfortunately, it’s a fair debate, and one that won’t go away. Which aspect of the Tigers is more annoying (or frustrating, or disappointing): Their offense or their defense? Now, think about [...]
He’s the backup catcher, and he’s been hurt. But Gerald Laird has been around the bases a few times, now in his second stint with the Tigers.
Jim Leyland was calm. He was measured. And he was clear: If there was another way to shake up his slumbering lineup, he’d do it.
It’s on the way, like it or not. College football will have a four-team playoff system, and now the raging debate is who should host the games.
You want me to say it. I know you do. I’m essentially a trained seal, and this is about the time I’d be bellowing something about panic in a place called Tigertown.
Blame Jim Leyland. Blame Ryan Raburn. Blame Delmon Young. Heck, blame Brandon Inge again, if you wish.
We waited through free-agency. We waited through the draft, which was slightly controversial for the Lions. And while rosters certainly aren’t set yet, there won’t be a lot more movement.
It’s easy to be all law-and-orderly and make this declaration to NFL prospects: Sit or get off the pot.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013