K) Bob Wojnowski
Bob “Wojo” Wojnowski has covered sports in Detroit since before the Internet was invented (but long after the telegraph was invented).
Wojo has written for the Detroit News since 1989, and has covered pretty much every major sporting event in the U.S. — seven Olympics, numerous Super Bowls and Final Fours, the World Series, four Red Wings Stanley Cup championships, three Pistons championships and a healthy dose of bowl games.
For 14 years, Wojo was the chubbier half of the “Stoney and Wojo” afternoon radio show on WDFN. He also can be seen on Fox 2 Sundays before Lions game, Sunday nights at the roundtable, and in frequent “accidental” walk-bys behind unsuspecting anchors.
Wojo lives in Farmington Hills, about a mile from a Tim Horton’s. He tries to inform, enlighten and entertain, not necessarily in that order. He considers humor essential to healthy living, along with buffalo wings.
He has lived in Michigan most of his life, except for the first four years (born in Buffalo, N.Y.) and six years in Florida as an aspiring journalist.
Yes, he leaves his Christmas tree up year-round. Don’t ask.
The Red Wings were eliminated early again, and because I like to be helpful, I already laid out the ideal off-season plan for GM Ken Holland.
I’m sure Jim Leyland loves managing Justin Verlander. Who wouldn’t? He’s the best pitcher in baseball, equal parts supreme talent and dogged workhorse.
I know that’s not a newsflash to most, but it sure has Red Wings fans riled up.
Are we prematurely hyped? Of course we are. Do the Tigers present cause for the hype? Of course they do.
Lots of baseball debates are fun, even more fun when beer-fueled. But we’re one game into the Tigers season and we’ve already stumbled across the dumbest debate ever.
I suppose it’s time to accept that the Brandon Inge Unhinged Binge will never end — at least not in our lifetimes.
College basketball may not stir as much passion around Detroit as the pro sports, but at least it’s heating up.
- Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago...
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013