The world has certainly changed dramatically since I started working at WWJ in 1990. And thanks to the internet, twitter, facebook and other new technology, you have many more options about where you get the news you need every day. But one thing hasn’t changed at Newsradio 950: Our committment to keep you informed with the most reliable up to date information to get you through your day.
Whenever you tune in to WWJ, you’ll hear the latest news, sports, business and traffic and weather together on the 8′s. And we do it 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a week, something no other station in Michigan can say. If you like what you hear, let us know. And if you think there’s something we could be doing better, we want to hear that, too.
When I’m not at work, you’ll likely find me spending time at home with my beautiful wife Brooke and daughter Natalie, and our little chihuaha-terrier dog Renee, and a couple of trouble-making cats!
When I’m not watching movies or “The Simpsons,” I can often be found indulging in my lifelong Detroit Tiger addiction, or wasting time playing fantasty baseball.
You can hear me Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
More than 5,000 young drivers between 15 and 20 are killed in car crashes each year in the U.S. Learn more about a program designed to reduce those numbers.
“Even if you’re watching TV, you can do a little dance battle if you want to, or do jumping jacks,” says Marissa Orzame.
Dominic Fortuna, who grew up in the Detroit area and still lives in Northern Michigan, plays the part of Frank Abagnale
You call yourself a Detroit Tigers fan, but how much do you really know about the team?
How do you make sure kids get an education if they don’t even have a place to call home?
It’s a big problem facing thousands of student athletes every year…sports-related concussions.
Students at the University of Michigan aren’t just fired up about the Final Four. They’re also excited about entrepreneurship programs on the Ann Arbor Campus. During March Madness, 18 student organizations have come together over the past month to celebrate a Month of Entrepreneurship at U-M.
In the end, the Tigers didn’t really have much of a choice. They had to give their pitching ace Justin Verlander the richest contract ever awarded to a pitcher in Major League Baseball History. If they didn’t do it now, they faced the prospect of losing Verlander to free agency after next season, or being forced into a bidding war where they might have had to pay even more for him.
Tigers broadcaster Dan Dickerson has high hopes for the season.
“If you lose the last game of the season, nobody gives a s_ _ _ _.”
That’s what Oakland A’s General Manager Billy Beane (at least the Brad Pitt version) said in the movie “Moneyball” about a disappointing end to an otherwise good season. And that’s what a lot of Tiger fans are saying today after that stunning four game sweep by the San Francisco Giants in the World Series
- Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013