g) Mike Valenti
Valenti moved to Michigan at 17 and never looked back. A graduate of Michigan State University, Valenti has been a force in the Detroit market since hitting the airwaves 5 years ago. Opinionated, knowledgeable, and always self deprecating, Valenti is the fans voice.
Other basics, Mike is the resident sports geek, watching more sports than anyone and never apologizing for it. When he’s not spinning the dish, Valenti is an avid cook, reader, and beer aficionado.
Mike currently lives in Royal Oak and is frequently seen downtown not only at sporting events but just hanging out in the D.
• Holds best Spartan tailgate each college football Saturday.
• Has a fear of children…could also be described as disdain.
• Loves English Bulldogs.
• Reads all emails, no exceptions.
• Avid traveler visits at least 4 new cities a year, usually leaves country at least once.
10 Questions with Mike
1. Favorite Detroit Athlete? Ben Gordon
2. Guilty Pleasure? Cooking. Grew up in a kitchen of an Italian family, it’s natural. Love cooking for friends and showing them a good time.
3. Most prized sports item? 1966 Bubba Smith Michigan State football helmet.
4. Biggest addiction? Either buying sports stuff, mainly clothes, jerseys and hats or Fantasy Baseball.
5. Most important thing in your life? Family. Leaving at 17 meant I missed out on a lot. Will always be playing catch up. We’re 800 miles apart but I keep them very close.
6. Best sports moment? Either seeing Comerica rocking in 2006 playoffs or seeing my fathers face as we walked up to Lambeau field for NFC title game.
7. Best part of your job? Knowing that I get people just like my dad, through their day at jobs they hate. The entire BS my job has surrounding it, that gives me great satisfaction.
8. Worst part of your job? Dealing with people behind scenes who think they have all the answers, death threats, and trying to get Terry to pay attention.
9. Best athlete you’ve met? Can’t pick one. Kevin Smith is a great dude, really rooting for that kid. Granderson is a solid guy and my favorite was always Chauncey…just classy, would always talk, never copped an attitude.
10. Least favorite? Sheed, hands down. Rude, makes beat writers and reporters jobs impossible with his damn Ipod dock, refuses to talk, curses like a sailor, overall worst I’ve ever encountered.
Any Yankee is a bust. I’m not kidding. Pass on Tex, Granderson and Jeter — as all are old, hurt and not worth name value. The team as a whole is a disaster.
This was a tough review to write. Two crowds will emerge when looking at MLB The Show 13, this year’s entry in the franchise.
Honestly. Take trips. Get girls. Get courted. Just don’t commit early and do this silly dance.
Mike Valenti said: “Would you pay full price to see the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl? I sure as hell wouldn’t spend $1,000 going to that lousy game.”
“This week we’re either going to have a great week or we’re going to get killed — this is a goofy, goofy week of college football,” Mike Valenti said
Last week Mike went 4-1! Terry couldn’t believe and it was a nice bounce back for Mike.
Last week Mike Valenti went 3-2 with his weekend football predictions, saying “We can hold our head a little higher, back-to-back winning weeks.”
You either get it or you don’t.
I’m keeping this short. Most of you know my disdain for MSU Offensive Coordinator Dan Roushar.
Last week Mike went 2-3 with his picks. Mike is 7-13 for the season.
- Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago...
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...