i) Pat Caputo
Pat is also not afraid to laugh at himself, either. He is also known for bringing a different perspective and insight with nuance, to not only sports, but life in the Detroit area.
Caputo has been a fixture in the Detroit media for more than two decades, first as the Tigers beat writer, then as the Lions beat writer, for The Oakland Press. He has been a columnist since 2003, and has been named the top sports columnist in Michigan by both the Associated Press and the Michigan Press Association, the top sports columnist in Metro Detroit by the Detroit Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists, and one of the Top 10 sports columnists in the nation by the Associated Press Sports Editors. A versatile broadcaster, Pat has hosted Inside Hockeytown, Inside Tigertown and Lions Gameday for The Ticket.
His broadcasting career began on television, on the Tigers pre-game round table on WDIV, Channel 4 during the late 1980s, and on PASS on the Tigers pre-game show during the 1990s with Caputo’s Corner. He began hosting radio shows in 1996 and joined WXYT in 2001.
Pat has covered, on a beat basis, every major professional and college team in this state, and has a unique understanding of the Detroit sports scene. He also teaches sports reporting at Oakland University, and is well-versed in Detroit-area issues and pop culture.
Caputo was born in Detroit and raised in the suburbs (St. Clair Shores and Birmingham). He is a graduate of Birmingham Groves High School, where he played football and baseball, and of Michigan State University, which Michigan fans never let him forget about despite his self-proclaimed title as The Archduke of Objectivity.
Caputo: 3 Reasons The Lions Shouldn’t Select An Offensive Tackle With Their 1st Round NFL Draft Pick
So longtime left tackle Jeff Backus has retired.
The Palace still holds more than 20,000, but it is a basketball arena first, not a football field.
Especially considering the loss of Cliff Avril in free agency, the Lions desperately need a speed pass rusher from the outside on their defensive line.
They are both plenty tough, so it is, in many ways, splitting hairs, but…
Barkevious Mingo, defensive end, LSU
For Seth MacFarlane to nail it as host – Let’s face it, it has been a constant struggle to find the right host for the Academy Awards.
Albeit it was at home, and the atmosphere at the Breslin Center is one of the intimidating in college basketball for the opposition, but the Hoosiers know they can beat the Spartans.
Can Michigan State exploit its advantage inside – The Spartans’ Adreian Payne is vastly improved and Derrick Nix is solid.
Can Bruce Rondon close? Spring training isn’t the best test for closers.
The Wolverines need more flow offensively when the game gets tight.
- Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago...
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013