I was born here. I lived on Detroit’s lower east side for 25 years (Ashland Avenue). I graduated from Servite High School. I graduated from Michigan State University. I’m married to a man I met at MSU…We worked together in the kitchen at Shaw Hall.
He is a history buff, and an expert on the American Civil War. He loves history so much that we live in a house built in 1856. (We’ve got the plumbing to prove it). Our family vacations usually involve touring some battlefield. My favorite is Antietam. We have two wonderful little boys.
Next to God and my family, WWJ is my life. It is a wonderfully vibrant and exciting place to work…always something new, unexpected, sometimes frightening, sometimes funny. Always challenging! You can hear me Monday through Friday from 5am to 10am.
“Bless you boys” … literally.
World famous anthropologist, 79 year old Dr. Jane Godall visits Oakland University, and tells reporters she considers herself an “obstinate critter” who won’t give up on saving endangered species, and the environment.
A song about thrift shopping is a huge hit — but what’s the reaction from the people who operate thrift stores?
A local attorney is fighting against what he calls a “war on Christmas” in metro Detroit.
Good news for fans of the Science Center in Detroit, which closed 14 months ago: It’s getting ready to re-open.
Just as the team stands one win away from a spot in the World Series, the Detroit Historical Society has obtained the original lettering from Tiger Stadium.
Hackel added, “I hear about it, people say, ‘You have a good possibility of running for governor some day.’ I hear it.”
It’s one of Oakland County’s favorite summer festivals: Arts, Beats & Eats, and it takes place in downtown Royal Oak today through Labor Day.
It’s one of the first summer weekend weather events of the year, so there’s no excuse to lay around the house — especially when you see our list of what’s hot around town.
Accused killer Tucker Cipriano is not a monster. He is not a murderer. He is not insane. That’s according to Cipriano’s girlfriend, 19-year-old Sofiya Baskin, talking exclusively to WWJ’s Roberta Jasina.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013