Latest Autos News
- Car Colors Are About To Get Bolder Better economic times prompt buyers to like more expressive colors.
- Hyundai Recalls 883K Sonatas To Fix Gear Shifters The recall covers 883,000 cars from the 2011 through 2014 model years.
- Lawyer Sues GM On Behalf Of 658 Plaintiffs A Texas lawyer has filed a lawsuit against General Motors on behalf of 658 people who were injured or killed in crashes allegedly caused by faulty ignition switches.
- Small Cars Don't Fare Well In New Crash Tests Only one of 12 vehicles earns "good" rating in Insurance Institute for Highway Safety test.
- NACE To Bring Auto Mechanics Expo To Cobo Center Dan Risely from the Automotive Service Association said that more than 10,000 people from a dozen countries are expected to learn about the latest in vehicle repair.
- US Opens Probe Of Chevrolet Impala Air Bag Performance The probe was opened over an April 2011 car crash that severely injured an elderly man when the passenger air bags didn't deploy.
- Ford Fires Engineer Who Planted Recording Devices A lawyer says a Ford Motor Co. engineer was fired after she placed listening devices in meeting rooms at its headquarters.
- US Agency Probes Hyundai Sonata Air Bag Problem The probe announced Friday covers about 394,000 midsize cars from the 2006 through 2008 model years.
- GM 2Q Profit Falls 85 Percent On Recall Costs General Motors says second-quarter profit fell 85 percent as recall costs chopped $1.5 billion from the bottom line.
- Ford 2Q Profit Up 6 Percent To $1.3 Billion It's the company's 20th consecutive profitable quarter and its best since second quarter 2011.
- GM Issues 6 More Safety Recalls The latest recalls cover almost 718,000 cars and trucks.
- Con Man Targeting Craigslist Car Buyers To Sell Stolen Cars Police are searching for a suspect in connection with a series of fraudulent car sales to people answering ads primarily on Craigslist.