Voters approved the ban on affirmative action in 2006, but opponents to the ban filed suit saying that it’s unconstitutional.
Michigan’s attorney general has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review a ruling declaring the state’s ban on affirmative action in college admissions unconstitutional. Bill Schuette filed a petition Thursday with the court.
A federal appeals court has thrown out Michigan’s voter-approved ban on affirmative action in college admissions and public hiring.
Romney is lucky that people grabbed on to the “binders full of women” comment because his comment about giving his female Chief of Staff flex time so she could go home and cook dinner was mostly over looked.
With four of nine U.S. Supreme Court justices in their 70s and the next president in the position of possibly shaping the future of affirmative action, gay rights, abortions, and more with appointments he might make should any openings occur, the question of what kind of nominee he might put forth was posed to President Barack Obama and Gov. Mitt Romney in the CBS Local President Forum.
The U.S. Supreme Curt heard verbal arguments Wednesday in the case of Fisher v. the University of Texas at Austin, where affirmative action is still used in admissions.
The Supreme Court justices are back in Washington, D.C., and after the stunt Chief Justice John Roberts pulled three months ago with the Obamacare ruling, I would prefer it was Diana Ross, Florence Ballard, and Mary Wilson coming into town instead.
In 2008 it seemed we had entered a new era of post-racial politics, but the dog whistle politics of the Grand Old Party has again raised its ugly head. In fact, since Obama’s election the Tea Party Republicans efforts to race bait have only increased.
The U.S. Supreme Court said Tuesday it will return to the issue of affirmative action in higher education for the first time since its 2003 decision endorsing the use of race as a factor in admissions.
Federal Court Will Look At Michigan’s Ban On Affirmative Action In Gov’t Hiring And School Admissions
The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati said that a majority of judges agreed to take the case.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013