A local state senator says if Michigan wants to test welfare recipients for drug and alcohol abuse, it should do the same for elected officials.
This week on Michigan Matters, Host Carol Cain talks to Michigan Treasurer Andy Dillon about Detroit’s fiscal crisis.
With the Motor City’s fiscal crisis hitting the boiling point and all signs pointing to the naming of an Emergency Manager what’s needed is a game changer with skillset similar to Ford Motor Co.’s CEO Alan Mulally.
State Treasurer Andy Dillon says he believes appointing an emergency manager is the only way to get Detroit residents the services they need.
The ex-wife of the Michigan state treasurer says a reporter at The Detroit News threatened to kill her with a baseball bat if she declined his friendship and complained about him to authorities.
The board endorsed state Treasurer Andy Dillon’s move to begin a 30-day review of the need for an emergency financial manager.
Detroit’s budget deficit exceeds $200 million and Michigan treasurer Andy Dillion says the city’s finances are eroding quicker than expected.
Leaders of the Detroit Police Officers Association met with state and city officials Friday over recent wage and benefits cuts.
Michigan State Treasurer Andy Dillon is threatening to withhold a $28 million state revenue sharing payment to Detroit unless the city’s top attorney renounces her challenge to the consent agreement.
An emergency manager would have the power to dismiss the mayor and City Council and redo union contracts.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013