The Republican-led Michigan Senate Judiciary Committee plans to consider three gun-related bills introduced in the first week of the state’s legislative session.
Many supporters brandishing signs that say gun bans are ineffective and illegal and only punish law-abiding citizens.
Republican state senators have introduced a bill that would exempt Michigan-made guns and ammunition from federal regulations.
“You don’t hunt rabbits with an AK-47 and you don’t try to protect your home with it either,” said Rep. John Conyers, who is calling on President Obama and others and support the Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence.
The push is in response to the mass shooting at a Colorado movie theater during a midnight showing of the “Dark Knight Rises.”
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013