Insurance companies will have to offer coverage for autism treatments six months from now, a move the parent of one autistic boy said will make a huge difference to families struggling to pay for their children’s treatment.
Michigan ranks fourth in the nation, when it comes to the number of children with Autism.
Michigan lawmakers gave final legislative approval Thursday to bills that will require insurance companies to offer coverage for autism treatments.
Michigan took a key step Tuesday toward joining a growing number of states requiring insurance coverage for autism treatments.
The Michigan Senate is poised to debate bills aimed at requiring insurance companies to cover some types of treatment for autism.
Wayne County prosecutors are now saying it will likely be after the first of the year before a decision is made on a warrant request connected to the disappearance of a 2-year-old Detroit girl.
An Autism Speaks spokesman hopes the state legislature acts quickly to approve Gov. Snyder’s call to force health insurance to cover treatment for autistic kids.
Children with autism often have a difficult time being properly diagnosed or receiving therapy. Those problems are compounded for disadvantaged families or families living in rural areas. The Autism Collaborative Center at Eastern Michigan University soon will be able to bridge that gap thanks to a $500,000 state grant that will allow the staff to use the latest technology — a live video stream — to evaluate and treat clients.
For thousands of families, it’s a never-ending search for answers. And Wednesday night, there could be some new answers for families struggling with autism.
The Food and Drug Administration has warned eight companies to stop marketing miracle cures that claim to treat everything from autism to Parkinson’s disease by flushing toxic metals from the body.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013