There will not be a strike nor a settlement in the short-term as the Canadian Auto Workers union is now taking negotiations on a day-to-day basis.
Most of the focus today will be with Ford, but CAW President Ken Lewenza says his negotiators will be working simultaneously to pattern any agreements at GM and Chrysler.
UAW workers at Chrysler will wrap up voting on their new contract on Tuesday.
Thanks to big, positive votes at locals in Dearborn and Flat Rock, the deal — which was going down in defeat last week — now leads with a 58- to 42-percent margin.
Talks between the UAW and Chrysler are on hold until 10 a.m. Tuesday, after a marathon session failed to end in a deal.
Despite earlier reports to the contrary — contract talks are on between Chrysler and the United Auto Workers
Those familiar with the deal are telling of a $5,000 signing bonus, a $3-an-hour raise for lower-tier workers and an adjustment in performance bonuses.
GM reportedly promising to add jobs as part of an agreement reached with UAW officials.
General Motors and the UAW opening contract talks today with a vow that they will be able to work through differences, and get a deal that rewards workers, while keeping the company competitive.
“We will not treat Chrysler unfairly, or General Motors unfairly or Ford unfairly,” said UAW President Bob King, as the talks began.
- Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago...
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013