Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute
The Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute’s Annual Dinner, April 20, has already raised more than $2.2 million toward its $2.5 million goal, thanks in part to the auction of the first regular retail production 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible, donated by Chevrolet.
The Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute has announced the successful completion of the $3 million Herrick Cancer Research Challenge, with an approximately $5.7 million total impact, exceeding challenge goals.
The General Motors Foundation donated $400,000 for the second straight year to support cancer research at the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute.
SoftVue, the whole breast ultrasound imaging device created by two scientists from the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute and Wayne State University School of Medicine, is currently undergoing review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for market clearance.
The Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute’s 30th Annual Dinner held Saturday, April 28, raised nearly $1.7 million to benefit Karmanos’ exceptional cancer care, making this the most successful Annual Dinner in Karmanos’ history.
The latest awards, prizes and professional certifications earned by Michigan’s technology-focused institutions and people
Head and neck cancers account for approximately 3% of all cancer cases in the country.
Scientists at the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit today presented data at the American Association for Cancer Research’s 102nd Annual Meeting 2011 showing that when tumor cryoablation — or the freezing of tumor tissue while preserving tumor-associated antigens — is coupled with immune system modulation, the procedures have the potential to initiate or amplify tumor immunity.
Three institutions dedicated to health, innovative science and quality cancer care last week announced the creation of the Southeast Michigan Partners Against Cancer (SEMPAC) to help close the gap on racial disparities related to cancer care […]
The J.P. McCarthy Cord Stem Cell Bank at the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute has received a three-year award of $1.4 million from the Department of Health and Human Services’ Health Resources and Services Administration […]
- Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago...
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013