The pilot program to address blight was approved Thursday by the U.S. Treasury Department, according to Gov. Rick Snyder.
Owners of blighted and neglected property who don’t pay their fines in Michigan would face tougher penalties — including potential jail time — under legislation overwhelmingly approved by the state Senate earlier this week.
City inspectors will comb Warren neighborhoods beginning this week to make sure residents and businesses are complying with municipal ordinances.
Along St. Aubin near Gratiot, there were numerous abandoned homes and opened basements. Now, this 10-block area is nearly completely vacant land
“We are looking forward to continuing to grow this program in various parts of the city,” Bing said.
Residents in a northwest Detroit neighborhood say they’re living next to a makeshift garbage dump.
Officials in Ypsilanti have approved a plan to tear down a vacant home that’s become infested with raccoons and squirrels.
A new report suggests that Flint and Detroit suffer from more blight than New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
The state, city of Detroit and public school district are working on an initiative that will make schools the hub of a neighborhood’s revitalization.
Detroit fire officials suspect arson after three abandoned homes burned Wednesday on the city’s east side.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013