Detroit EM Kevyn Orr says, starting now, there will be a moratorium on debt payments for all unsecured funded debt.
Michigan’s attorney general says the collection at the Detroit Institute of Arts can’t be sold to pay off any of the city’s debt during a municipal bankruptcy.
The city-owned Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History and Detroit Zoo are among the institutions that could be affected.
A top state lawmaker has sponsored a bill that would prevent the sale of the Detroit Institute of Art’s collection if the city goes into bankruptcy.
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder says he hopes Detroit’s financial crisis doesn’t force EM Kevyn Orr to sell off items from the collection of the Detroit Institute of Arts.
Detroit City Council voted to approve cuts to Mayor Dave Bings’ proposed $1.1 billion spending plan.
The Buena Vista School district near Saginaw is open today, despite dire financial problems.
More than two dozen teachers laid off in the financially troubled Buena Vista Schools district will return to work on Monday.
Superintendent Mike Flanagan has approved the release of state aid funds to the now shuttered district.
Emergency manager Kevyn Orr has formally filed his first report on Detroit’s finances with the state Treasurer’s office.
- Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City...
- Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Metallica Performs As...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay... Whole Foods Detroit Grand...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013