Restructuring consultant Conway McKenzie is recommending a part-time Detroit city council, and cutting 78 of the 115 staff members on council.
Worthy first filed suit against the county to stop a proposed budget cut that would affect her ability prosecute cases.
The Wayne County Prosecutor says her office is no longer able to handle its caseload — after recent layoffs of dozens of prosecutors.
Final arguments will be made Friday as Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy challenges $7 million in proposed budget cuts.
A day after the city announced plans to make wage and benefit cuts, Detroit’s Police Chief is sending a message to officers.
A city plagued by arson fires now has fewer engines on the streets and police officers on patrol.
Although the New Year brings promise to a struggling city like Detroit, some of the city’s high-profile cultural sites could be in jeopardy.
The 17 Detroit police officers that participated in an apparent staged strike – have been suspended pending further investigation.
Following up on his promise to take quick fiscal action, Detroit Mayor Dave Bing has announced layoffs in the city.
The Governor’s decision to sign legislation that drastically cut the state’s film incentives still isn’t sitting well with Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013