Financial woes in the Detroit Public School District are expected to continue for the next three years and that will mean more school closings.
An audit says Detroit’s accumulated general-fund deficit is nearly $327 million.
A team to responsible for reviewing Allen Park’s finances says Gov. Rick Snyder should appoint an emergency manager to run the city southwest of Detroit.
Flint’s state-appointed emergency financial manager says two police unions and a firefighters union have voted to approve labor agreements with the city following talks about potential concessions.
The mayor of Highland Park is putting together a financial team as he works to stave off the threat of an emergency manager stepping into his city.
Flint’s city employee union contracts are under review for possible renegotiation, according to a new financial plan from a state-appointed emergency financial manager.
Although the New Year brings promise to a struggling city like Detroit, some of the city’s high-profile cultural sites could be in jeopardy.
The Detroit Public School district has been steadily losing students over the past several years and now the district will likely be losing hundreds of teachers over the next few years.
Congressman Fred Upton is asking the people of Michigan to share their ideas for cutting federal spending and reducing the national debt.
The last day of service for Snow Branch Library in Dearborn is scheduled for Friday, September 2.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013