Ann Arbor Spark, the economic development organization for Washtenaw County, said Thursday it had been awarded $1 million from the Michigan Strategic Fund to support its business incubator activities via the creation of the new Washtenaw County Incubator Collaborative.
Rick DeVos, grandson of the co-founder of Amway and driving force behind startup-based economic development in Grand Rapids — not to mention creator of a wildly successful art festival — gave his thoughts on turning Michigan into a startup hotbed Tuesday at the Michigan Business Incubator Association annual conference.
The University of Michigan’s Institute for Research on Labor, Employment, and the Economy has released a new study, “Incubating Success: Incubation Best Practices that Lead to Successful New Ventures,” funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration.
The Michigan Strategic Fund and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation today issued a Request for Proposals to solicit proposals from high-performance business incubators or accelerators in Michigan to support entrepreneurs in launching and growing start-up companies throughout the state.
The latest in tech-related event announcements from around Michigan, before they appear on the GLITR IT Calendar
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013