Dozens of volunteers are busy turning the area in front of Comerica Park into an oasis of pink and one artist has written a song to honor the ones battling cancer.
He’s a candidate for Time Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People in the World” — and he’s from Detroit.
The fatigue experienced by patients undergoing cancer treatments has long been recognized by health care providers, although its causes and ways to manage it are still largely unknown.
The Michigan Corporate Relations Network announces the award of $38,040 in matching funds to Kalamazoo-based RealBio Technologies Inc.
In the past, treating early stage partial breast cancer with radiation took 6 weeks, recently it’s been reduced to five days and now an area doctor believes the regimen can be given in just two days.
The Sarcoma Alliance for Research through Collaboration, an Ann Arbor nonprofit consortium dedicated to providing infrastructure to support collaborative sarcoma research, announced today that it has received a Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPORE) grant from the National Cancer Institute (NCI). This grant will provide $11.5 million over five years in support of sarcoma translational research.
A discovery by Van Andel Institute researchers has identified a potential drug target for NK/T-cell lymphoma, a type of cancer responsible for claiming the life of a close friend and fellow researcher.
Researchers found that administering a common chemotherapy drug before bone tumors took root actually fertilized the bone marrow, enabling cancer cells, once introduced, to seed and grow more easily.
Metro Detroiters are being offered an opportunity to help researchers to refine cancer prevention.
A recent discovery by Van Andel Research Institute scientists enables the prediction of patient sensitivity to proposed drug therapies for glioblastoma — the most common and most aggressive malignant brain tumor in humans.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013