House Democrat Andy Schor is sponsoring a bill that would
close a loophole in Michigan’s gun law.
Another effort is underway to allow concealed weapons in public schools across Michigan after similar legislation was struck down last year by Gov. Rick Snyder.
Gov. Snyder won’t sign gun legislation allowing concealed weapons in schools, churches and sports arenas.
Clergy across metro Detroit and the state of Michigan will converge in Lansing today and use the power of prayer against the concealed weapons bill now on Governor Snyder’s desk.
It may take days, weeks or even longer to sort out the avalanche of bills enacted in the Michigan Legislature’s lame-duck session, as majority Republicans put their stamp on policies dealing with topics as diverse as property taxes, medical marijuana and cockfighting.
The House gave final approval Friday to legislation that says someone who gets extra training could be allowed to have a concealed weapon in currently “gun-free” zones.
The Michigan Legislature has enacted a bill allowing people who undergo extra training to carry concealed weapons in places such as schools and churches where they previously were off-limits.
A bill that would wipe out most so-called “gun free zones” is speeding through the lame duck legislature, despite some vocal opposition.
Police say Elmira Sutton, of Pittsburg, California attempted to go through security inside the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center with a weapon.
State lawmakers are considering whether to allow some people in Michigan to carry concealed stun guns for personal protection.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013