The Barry County Broadband Team unveiled its Technology Action Plan Wednesday at the Hastings Public Library, as part of the county’s participation in Connect Michigan’s Connected Community Engagement Program. Barry County enrolled in the program to promote increased access, adoption, and use of broadband.
Leaders of Mackinac, Luce, and Chippewa counties in the eastern Upper Peninsula are implementing action plans to increase broadband access, adoption, and use in the area.
Tuesday, in conjunction with the 2013 Governor’s Economic Summit, Connect Michigan is releasing a report on Broadband’s Economic Impact in Michigan. Broadband access and adoption helps fuel the economy. Michigan residents conduct $17.1 million in online transactions with Michigan businesses and spend nearly $1.1 billion in online sales with these businesses annually.
Connect Michigan Thursday released new data showing that broadband adoption in Michigan is increasing, with 71 percent of households now subscribing to broadband service, up from 61 percent in 2011. But significant chunks of the state, mostly in rural areas, remain without broadband available.
On Wednesday, Jan. 30, Antrim County will be certified as a “Connected” community. County representatives will release a Technology Action Plan that will include results of a months-long assessment undertaken by the Antrim County Community Engagement Team.
Mobile broadband gives users the freedom to access the Web while not being tethered to a desk. This ability to access music, news, and social networking tools is attracting many new converts, as a growing number of Americans go online with their smartphones.
New research unveiled Tuesday by Connect Michigan shows that the broadband availability gap in Michigan is shrinking, with 96.45 percent of Michigan residents now having access to fixed broadband speeds of 3 megabits per second on the download side and 768 Kbps upload.
Broadband and e-learning applications expand educators’ instructional capabilities and boost students’ research and interactive opportunities — as well as their test scores.
On Wednesday, Aug. 22, Charlevoix County will receive the nation’s first certification as a “connected community” from Connected Nation.
St. Clair County leaders have enrolled their community in an innovative program that seeks to boost the local economy and quality of life for residents though increased access, adoption, and use of broadband.
- Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago...
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013