The woman in charge of $30 billion in custom venture capital funds apparently has a special place for the $600 million of it that’s under management in Michigan. Kelly Williams, who leads Credit Suisse’s Customized Fund Investment Group, said that Michigan — long a venture capital wasteland — now has significant advantages over both coasts that make it a compelling market for VC investing.
Beringea and the Credit Suisse Customized Fund Investment Group have launched Michigan Growth Capital Partners II L.P., a $180 million fund dedicated to providing growth equity to Michigan companies.
Credit Suisse’s Customized Fund Investment Group and Beringea, co-managers of the InvestMichigan Mezzanine Fund, Thursday announced the Fund’s first investment — Lexington-based Huron Inc. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
A public-private partnership involving state and federal governments and Dow Chemical Co. is pumping up to $130 million in new business financing over five years into the state of Michigan.
The Invest Michigan Growth Capital Fund, a venture capital fund that includes two state pension funds, showed off some of its successful investments Wednesday in a program at the Book Cadillac Hotel in Detroit. InvestMichigan […]
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013