Mayor Dave Bing says individuals or companies that owe income taxes to the city can pay their back taxes without penalty from Jan. 22 through Feb. 16.
Detroit City Council has voted to approve a change in how much non-union city employees pay for health care.
Detroit leaders are out to get what the city’s owed — unveiling a plan to collect on debts by both businesses and citizens alike.
Detroit Mayor Dave Bing gave a progress reports as he moves forward with his plan to help ease the city’s financial crisis.
Steve Hood said: “If all of Detroit had stayed home, Mr. Obama would have still won the state.”
Detroit’s budget deficit exceeds $200 million and Michigan treasurer Andy Dillion says the city’s finances are eroding quicker than expected.
Mayor Bing has asked lawmakers to consider freezing the Detroit city income tax rate at 2.4 percent.
The lemonade may be long gone but the accolades for Detroit’s own ‘Lemonade Kid’ keep rolling in.
Michigan State Treasurer Andy Dillon is threatening to withhold a $28 million state revenue sharing payment to Detroit unless the city’s top attorney renounces her challenge to the consent agreement.
Wading into the complicated situation, Detroit’s celebrated Rev. Marvin Winans called the Charlie Langton Talk Radio 1270 morning show to defend Crittendon, saying she just stood up for what she believes.
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... GateKeeper Takes Flight At...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013