detroit regional chamber
Partners including the Workforce Intelligence Network for Southeast Michigan, Detroit Regional Chamber, Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center and National Center for Manufacturing Sciences, were awarded $2.19 million over three years through the federal Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge for Advanced Manufacturing.
The Detroit Regional Chamber gathered 90 businesses at Macomb Community College Friday to boost Michigan’s sales to the Virginia defense contractor ManTech Inernational Corp.
Businesses hoping to build a relationship with Boeing gathered Monday in Sterling Heights. The Detroit Regional Chamber hosted Monday’s Connection Point program program event at Velocity.
Nearly 100 Detroit-area companies gathered at the Macomb-OU INCubator at Velocity Center on 18 Mile Road in Sterling Heights Monday to meet with officials of Boeing Co. in hopes of becoming suppliers to the aeronautics giant.
It was back to work for hundreds of community and business leaders who spent much of last week on Mackinac Island for the Detroit Regional Chamber’s annual Mackinac Policy Conference.
The Michigan Economic Development Corp. announced five new initiatives under the Pure Michigan Business Connect umbrella at the Mackinac Policy Conference last week that will further help Michigan businesses grow and improve the state’s economy.
Should Southeast Michigan be marketed as a single brand? That was the question before the “Big Five” area leaders Thursday at the Mackinac Policy Conference.
Well, it’s over. Three days of panel discussions, keynotes and informal networking on the future of Michigan and its economy have concluded, and more than 1,500 movers, shakers and difference-makers are headed back south along Michigan’s major roads — well, except for a few who came here from the U.P.
“We’ve all got to be above average now just as the opening ante in the hyperconnected global economy, according to New York Times columnist and best-selling business author Thomas Friedman.”
Gov. Rick Snyder said other states are now sufficiently worried about losing new business to Michigan that they’re saying bad things about us.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013