Shutoffs last year prompted protests and drew the attention of the United Nations, but efforts are taking place this year to get residents on payment plans.
“… These protesters, they don’t really care what happens to this city next,” Detroit News columnist Nolan Finley says in the video.
The water department says more than 27,000 shutoffs were made between Jan. 1 and Sept. 30.
Mayor Duggan’s top aide said daily shutoffs are down to 350 to 400 and roughly 30,000 people have enrolled in payment plans.
Mayor Mike Duggan says customers will have “one last opportunity” to come up with a payment plan.
A spokesperson for the group says at least a dozen vehicles will bring fifty, five- gallon jugs of water.
Federal indictments of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and the former chief of the Water Department, have left the door open for Oakland County Exective L. Brooks Patterson, to seek suburban oversight of the Water Department.