The Edmund Fitzgerald is considered to be the most famous ship to sink in the Great Lakes.
The Dossin Great Lakes Museum is hosting a symposium in two weeks that will provide visitors with the chance to meet maritime authors, shipwreck divers and historians.
On Thursday, the Detroit Historical Society’s Dossin Maritime Group will host its annual remembrance of the loss of the Edmund Fitzgerald, which sank during a massive storm on Lake Superior 36 years ago.
35 years ago, the Edmund Fitzgerald sank in a massive storm on Lake Superior. While it’s a part of Great Lakes lore, many have clear memories of that fateful day.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013