Power to 7,000 homes, businesses along the Southfield Freeway corridor was out early Monday morning.
Roughly 22,000 customers are still without power after damaging winds swept through southeast Michigan and much of the Midwest on Monday.
High wind gusts have been causing power outages throughout southeast Michigan on Monday.
DTE says full restoration probably will take until Tuesday or Wednesday.
DTE officials reported that up to 129,000 homes and businesses are without power, with the number of outages expected to grow until the storms move out of the area.
DTE says about 10,000 of its 165,000 affected customers remain powerless Thursday afternoon, the majority in Wayne County.
Powerful thunderstorms hit the Detroit area Tuesday, and while it was nothing like last week’s historic downpour, it was enough to cause damage in several areas.
Following record flooding, Consumers Energy is urging home and business owners in the metro Detroit area with appliances that were affected by Monday’s rainstorms to have them inspected by a qualified contractor before attempting to restart and use them.
The outages are scattered, however the biggest outages are in Madison Heights, Dearborn and near Lincoln Park.
Virtually all DTE customers are expected to have their electric service restored by late Wednesday night.