Authorities say a man has died after scuba diving in a northern Michigan lake while trying to retrieve a snowmobile that went through the ice.
The cost of fighting a roughly 33-square-mile fire in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula is expected to rise to at least $3.5 million.
Roughly three weeks after it started with a lightning strike in the eastern Upper Peninsula’s Luce County, the Duck Lake Fire is now 100 percent contained.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources says the wildfire that’s consumed about 21,000 acres is 71 percent contained – up from Friday’s reported 63 percent.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources says cooler temperatures have allowed crews to “make significant progress” in their battle against a wildfire that has consumed 21,500 acres in the Upper Peninsula.
After being closed since Friday due to severe wildfires, the primary-use areas of Tahquamenon Falls State Park will reopen to the public on Wednesday, May 30.
On one of the busiest camping holidays of the year, a popular Up North destination is being evacuated because of an approaching wildfire.
A fast-moving wildfire has now consumed nearly 20,000 acres in the Upper Peninsula.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013