So you think pazcki are just a little too healthy? How about adding some vodka?
It’s an unofficial holiday for many in the metro Detroit area: Fat Tuesday, also known as Paczki Day.
Beads, booze, packzis and cake! It’s that time of year when Mardi Gras-style celebrating invades Detroit. Here are some hot spots to mark on your Mardi Gras celebration itinerary that you won’t want to miss.
At Hayden’s Grill and Bar in Canton Township, they’re upping the punch of the traditional treat by dipping them in waffle batter and deep-frying them again.
Lines formed in the wee hours of the morning at local bakeries for people wanting one last taste of their favorite Fat Tuesday indulgence.
Fat Tuesday overflows with traditions that began centuries ago in Europe.
Mardi Gras is a time of celebration and although New Orleans is the epicenter of the nation’s biggest parades and celebrations, the Metro Detroit area has a wide array of events and parties going on as well.
Royal Oak will come alive on this Fat Tuesday, as the city hosts it’s annual Pub Crawl.
With more than a dozen flavors of the tasty Polish delights, everyone has their own favorite Paczki!
The best paczki are the free ones in the office lunchroom, but if your co-workers aren’t coming through, visit New Deluxe, New Palace, Dutch Girl Donuts and a handful of other Detroit bakeries!
- Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago...
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013