The National Weather Service says a weak tornado touched down about a mile northeast of Temperance.
DTE Energy wants to keep the power on at its Fermi 2 Nuclear Power Plant for years to come.
Officials at Fermi 2 Nuclear Power Plant said they have notified the Nuclear Regulatory Commission that they intend to apply for renewal of Fermi 2′s operating license. The current license expires in 2025; the renewal would permit the plant to operate an additional 20 years.
Would nuclear power plants in Michigan withstand a disaster like the one in Japan?
The Fermi 2 Nuclear Power Plant in Monroe County returned to service Sunday when operators synchronized the plant to the Detroit Edison electrical system. The restart followed a successful refueling and maintenance outage that began Oct. 24.
A utility is looking into what caused an automatic shutdown of the Fermi 2 nuclear reactor in southeast Michigan near Monroe. The Monroe Evening News reports Monday that the shutdown occurred Sunday afternoon after the main […]
- Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City...
- Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Metallica Performs As...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay... Whole Foods Detroit Grand...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013