You can also help your body ward off viruses by staying hydrated, staying rested, washing your hands diligently and by exercising 30-60 minutes a day.
Egg allergic children, including those with a history of anaphylaxis to egg, can safely receive a single dose of the seasonal influenza vaccine, according to a new study from the University of Michigan.
The health department says there is “widespread” flu activity in Michigan.
The Wayne County Department of Public Health is hosting a $5 walk-in flu clinic for children and adults this Thursday.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control reports 47 states now have widespread flu outbreaks.
“…Look for symptoms such as fevers that aren’t going away quickly, like over 100 degrees, look for symptoms like difficulty in breathing and mental status changes …”
Health officials say the number of Michigan children reported dead from the flu this season has risen to four.
Beaumont epidemiologist Paula Keller told WWJ Newsradio 950′s Zahra Huber the disease is spread very easily through contact with sick people.
Michigan is beginning the new year with an unusually high number of flu cases and one flu death.
An infant from southwest Michigan and a child from mid-Michigan died. As of December 20th there were 149 confirmed cases of the flu in Michigan.
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... GateKeeper Takes Flight At...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013