The office of the Wayne County treasurer is planning a September auction of more than 20,000 properties that were subject to tax foreclosure.
Home prices in Detroit and other major cities rose in May from April, a sign of a modest housing recovery.
State authorities are accusing a Detroit-area man of fleecing people out of $800,000 by posing as someone who could modify their mortgages.
A report from RealtyTrac shows the number of foreclosure properties in Michigan dropped 11.5 percent from February to March.
Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson said the number of foreclosed homes is just under 1,100 — about half of what it was this time last year.
Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette has issued a second criminal investigative subpoena against a national mortgage servicing support provider.
Michigan is among 49 other states to receive a chunk of cash from a landmark $26 billion settlement from five banks for alleged foreclosure abuse.
Charles Brown, 62, said he’s been squatting in his home for about a year. He said he installed windows and doors and uses the fireplace for heat.
Prices in Detroit declined one-half of a percent from August levels.
President Barack Obama will announce new rules on Monday to help homeowners with little or no equity in their homes refinance their mortgages to avoid foreclosures.
- Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City...
- Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Metallica Performs As...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay... Whole Foods Detroit Grand...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013