A man charged in a series of shootings on and off I-96 pleaded no contest but mentally ill to assault and firearms charges.
Raulie Casteel, a 43-year-old unemployed geologist, faces 60 charges in the case.
Raulie Casteel will undergo an independent psychiatric evaluation after his lawyer was granted a delay in the case.
A Wixom man has been found competent to stand trial, charged in a shooting spree that targeted motorists on and around I-96 in four counties.
A man suspected in a shooting spree that targeted motorists along the I-96 corridor in four Michigan counties is scheduled for arraignment on a new set charges that include terrorism.
The Michigan AG has filed terrorism and other new charges against a man suspected in a shooting spree that targeted motorists across four counties.
Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette says his office will prosecute the man suspected in a shooting spree that targeted motorists in four counties last month.
Ingham County Sheriff Gene Wriggleworth says he is confident they have the suspect wanted in connection with two dozen shootings along the I-96 corridor.
A $12,000 reward is being offered as investigators from local and state police agencies work to catch a man suspected of firing shots on at least 22 cars in Michigan.
A press conference held Friday afternoon by the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office and Wixom Police reported that there are many more car shootings than previously thought.