CBS62logoNEW2013_blue_final_header_White wwj950-sm2011b 971-ticket-35smb 35h_CBSSportsRad_Detroit

gas leak

Southfield-Lathrup High School Reopens After Gas Leak Scare

A school spokesperson said students have returned to their classrooms after a gas leak scare at Southfield-Lathrup High School Friday morning.

WWJ Newsradio 950–03/08/2013

An aerial view of the house that exploded on Cooper Street in Royal Oak. (WWJ Photo/Bill Szumanski)

Consumers Energy Halts Projects Statewide After Deadly Explosion

Consumers Energy says it has halted projects throughout Michigan that involve the same drilling method used before a house explosion that killed a 58-year-old Royal Oak man.

WWJ Newsradio 950–03/08/2013

An aerial view of the house that exploded on Cooper Street in Royal Oak. (WWJ Photo/Bill Szumanski)

Attorney: Utility 1 Inch Away From Second Explosion In Royal Oak

A Farmington Hills attorney says last week’s house explosion in Royal Oak came close to becoming a much larger disaster.

WWJ Newsradio 950–03/05/2013

An aerial view of the house that exploded on Cooper Street in Royal Oak. (WWJ Photo/Bill Szumanski)

New Details In Royal Oak Home Explosion

Consumers Energy takes responsibility for the explosion that completely leveled a Royal Oak home, killing a 58-year-old man.

WWJ Newsradio 950–02/28/2013

School Closed Due To Gas Main Break In Shelby Township

Classes have been canceled at Shelby Junior High School Friday after a gas main break on Van Dyke Road.

WWJ Newsradio 950–12/14/2012

Gas Leak Causes Evacuation Of 35th District Court In Plymouth

Plymouth’s 35th District Court will remain closed for the day as officials try to locate and fix a gas leak.

WWJ Newsradio 950–12/13/2012

Detroit 911 Dispatch Center Evacuated

Detroit officials say hazardous materials crews were called to the city’s 911 communications building when employees smelled natural gas.

WWJ Newsradio 950–10/09/2012

iStockphoto

Court: Installers Had No Duty To Warn Of Hazard That Led To Explosion

The Michigan Supreme Court has ruled that the installers of an electric dryer had no legal duty to warn a metro Detroit woman about an uncapped gas line that eventually caused her house to explode.

WWJ Newsradio 950–08/17/2012

A tanker spill in Oak Park closed Greenfield and 11 Mile road. (WWJ/Sandra McNeill)

Tanker Spills Hundreds Of Gallons Of Fuel In Oak Park

A popular intersection in Oak Park has reopened Tuesday morning after a tanker delivering fuel to a gas station Monday clipped a valve and spilled hundreds of gallons of gas on the roadway.

WWJ Newsradio 950–07/16/2012

Gas Leak Near Ortonville School

Officials said a HAZMAT crew was deployed to the scene near Oakwood Elementary.

WWJ Newsradio 950–05/15/2012

more

previous

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,875 other followers