Michigan Senate Democratic Leader Gretchen Whitmer says she is not running for governor.
Whitmer says she’s outraged that the house speaker took away Brown’s freedom of speech because he didn’t like the words being used.
There will be no shutdown of state government this year as state lawmakers have put the finishing touches on this year’s budget, about three months ahead of the deadline.
It’s called “Michigan 20-20″ and supporters say the plan would ensure that every high schooler in the state has access to free college tuition.
Democratic state lawmakers are are ready to move forward with a proposal to provide free college tuition to anyone in Michigan who needs it.
Gov. Snyder contends that he is increasing state support for education but the Senate Democratic leader strongly disagrees.
Now that Michigan has a nearly half-billion-dollar budget surplus, the Senate Democratic leader says she expects Republican’s to keep their promise, and put up to $150 million of that money back into education funding.
A Democratic state Senator says she is pursuing a constitutional amendment to keep Gov. Snyder from dipping into the state’s School Aid Fund to help pay for his proposed business tax credit.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013