A continuation of a 1 percent tax on health insurance claims passed the state Senate Thursday, but yet to be resolved is how to ensure the levy brings in enough revenue for Medicaid, which serves 1.9 million low-income Michigan residents.
For now, Medicaid expansion remains very much in doubt.
Same-sex domestic partners of state employees will continue to qualify for health insurance after the Michigan Supreme Court decided not to hear an appeal filed by the state.
Michigan health officials say they believe the state’s substance abuse care system can handle the surge of people who will become eligible for treatment when the new federal health insurance system goes into effect next January.
A new report shows Michigan residents lost workplace health care coverage at a greater rate than any other state over the past decade.
A federal judge has ruled that Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan was wrong to deny coverage for certain autism treatment services.
A health care advocacy group says about 745,000 Michigan adults and children would become eligible for the federal government’s help to pay for health insurance beginning next year.
A study says Michigan residents who buy their own health insurance could see the biggest driver of premiums rise 26 percent under the federal health care law.
The bills let the state’s largest health insurer transform into a customer-owned nonprofit and ends its tax-exempt status.
Michigan cities and townships that provide health care for retired public workers face nearly $13 billion in unfunded costs, with half setting aside no money to cope with a bill gobbling up more of their budgets.
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... GateKeeper Takes Flight At... Detroit Lions Rookie Camp...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013